It was in the early days of 20th century when South Calcutta was in its formational stage both in terms of habitation and urban amenities. Necessity of new schools in that stage was felt with priority. The then doyens of Calcutta in various fields like Pandit Rajendranath Bidyabhusan, Sri Muralidhar Bandyopadhyay, Sri Asutosh Chowdhury and others took the initiative. A humanitarian landlord of Ballygunge area namely, Sri Jagadbandhu Roy came forward to donate land and some more to estsblish a school in this area. It was in 1914, a school was founded in his name whose foundation stone was laid by Sir Asutosh Mookerji. Ballygunge Jagadbandhu Institution earned a name and fame vide its performance, sense of integrity and finally grooming up a galaxy of renowned personalities in every field. The students of our school ranges from Vice Chancellor of universities to the Commissioner of Police, literateurs, artists, educationalists, scientists and many more! Huge building containg laboratories, library, auditorium besides classrooms provides a wholesome ambience to its students and teachers.